Essential protection as a property owner.

What is property owners insurance?

Property Owners insurance is arranged by the owners of buildings that are let out for either commercial or residential use. It is also arranged by Developers who may be carrying out extensive work on properties ahead of letting or selling them.

Our clients range from landlords who own a single residential let property, to those who own huge portfolios, including student lets and office buildings.

Key covers include

  • Material Damage to buildings – flood, fire etc.
  • Landlords Contents
  • Loss of Rent/Alternative Accommodation
  • Property Owner’s Liability
  • Malicious Damage by a tenant
  • Legal Expenses

Considerations for property owners insurance

The type of tenant has a great bearing on what covers can be offered and which insurers are willing to offer quotes. With regard to residential lets, professional working tenants are accepted by all insurers, as are standard office risks when it comes to commercial property owners.

At Cornerstone, we have the experience to be able to deal with enquiries that don’t fit inside insurers comfort zones. We have a number of markets that can deal with more difficult to place risks, with tenants such as students and commercial industries who work with heat.

Speak to an adviser